The purpose of asking for contributions is not only to be part of a great festival; it is to be in the front row of what might be the future of jazz. The Newport Jazz Festival® is dedicated to the presentation of the creativity which is flowing in the minds of so many young musicians in today’s jazz scene. Your contribution will allow us to commission original compositions from worthy artists, and these works will be featured at future Newport Jazz Festivals. Jazz can not grow or survive as an ever-evolving art form if current musicians do not become as recognizable to the general public as Duke, Miles, Ella, Louis and many others who are so well known. It is one of the main purposes of the Newport Jazz Festival® to make these younger, brilliant and talented artists known throughout the world, just as the stars of jazz who have radiated in the past.
- Receive prominent credit listing on The Gala Limited Edition CD (Delivered on Mar 25 2013 12:00AM) packaging and project website
- Receive a 5-year pass to the Newport Jazz Festival®
- Announce an artist performance on stage at the 2013 Newport Jazz Festival® (August 3-4, 2013)
- Attend a Newport Festivals Foundation® Gala event in 2013 as a VIP guest and have backstage access at the festival
- Go out on the town with George Wein for a night of dinner, discussion, and jazz in NYC
- Hear exclusive previews of the Gala recording and watch it come to life
- Receive an online backstage pass where we go behind-the-scenes at the 2012 Newport Jazz Festival® with exclusive artist interviews and video from the event
Welcome to the Newport Jazz Festival® project on ArtistShare. Through this project, you will have a one-of-a-kind opportunity to be a part of this important musical, cultural, and historical event.
The Newport Jazz Festival®, founded by George Wein, is the most celebrated jazz festival in the world. It has become a model for nearly every other music festival since its inception in 1954. The Newport Jazz Festival® respects and honors the jazz tradition, serves as a place where the legends pass the torch to younger musicians to perpetuate the art form, and presents the greatest jazz performers in the world following the traditions of New Orleans, swing, bebop and modal music. Now you can play an important role in perpetuating this legacy.
We invite you to join us and be a part of the project as it unfolds. By participating, you will receive an online backstage pass as we go behind-the-scenes at the 2012 Newport Jazz Festival®. The culmination of the project will be a live CD recorded at the Newport Festivals Foundation® Gala event on August 4, 2012. The recording will feature world renowned artists such as Bill Frisell, Anat Cohen, Steve Wilson, Lewis Nash, Jason Moran, Ingrid Jensen, Rudresh Mahanthappa, Edmar Castaneda, Lionel Loueke, and Dianne Reeves with Peter Martin.